Christmas Gift Sponsorship
Since 2014, we have been coordinating a Christmas gift sponsorship program to help the children in School District 303 receive gifts from wish lists that each family personally creates. We work directly with D303 social workers who identify families who may be experiencing any of the following factors that may impact the parents’ ability to provide gifts during the holiday season:
- Single parent
- Illness or death in the immediate family
- Loss of income or low-income
- Home destroyed by fire
- Other circumstances determined at the discretion of the social worker.
The parents provide the social workers with “wish lists” and are comprised of a few toy ideas as well as clothing and shoe sizes. Many of these lists include basic items like coats, warm clothing, winter boots and gloves. Once Big Hearts of Fox Valley receive these wish lists, our little elves reach out to the community to help fulfill them either by purchasing gifts for an anonymous child, or by making a monetary donation. When shopping for a child, we ask that you purchase at least 3 items from their wish list. If they are asking for a winter coat or boots, please make this the first thing you purchase. Since this, in many cases, will be the only gifts they receive you can expect to spend at least $50.00 for each child.
Our program is different from many other holiday assistance programs because the sponsor has the chance to feel a special connection with their “adopted” child as the sponsor receives a personalized wish list for the child.
- In 2014, we helped 89 children from birth-5th grade.
- In 2015, we helped 65 children from birth-5th grade.
- In 2016, we helped 84 children from birth-5th grade.
- In 2017, we helped 197 children from birth-5th grade.
- In 2018, we helped 443 children from birth-8th grade.
- In 2019, we helped 650 children from birth-12th grade.
- In 2020, we helped 562 children from birth-12th grade.
We encourage individuals, families, neighborhoods, PTOs, businesses, teams, churches and other local organizations to partner with us to help us achieve our goal. We hope you will join us in our efforts to make the lives of the children around us a little brighter.
Parents or Gaurdians -We are not taking additional applicants for the 2020 season. If you are in need of help providing Christmas gifts for your children living in D303, please reach out to other local resources.